About Me

Hey there, as you can see this is blog is all about gaming. And that's what I've been doing for pretty much all of my life. Currently I'm completely enveloped in Warhammer 40,000 and I'm breaking into the new Warhammer Fantasy system with the release of the new 8th edition.

Follow me as I build new armies, find newer and better ways to destroy my enemy, learn more about the rules, and just complain about the things that don't go my way :)
Click here for a Westgate Resorts Vacation

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Warhammer 40k Army Overview Project


Hi everyone. I just wanted to let you know that I'm going to be starting a new project for my blog. The 40k Army Overview. Warseer has one for Fantasy and it's a great place to look for a general idea of how each army plays, what it's made up of, it's style and so on.

I'll be starting with an Eldar overview as that is the army I'm most familiar with. But what I'd like from everyone else is for your help in gathering information and assembling it into one place so that those new to the game can have a place to go to for army information.

So here's what I'm looking for.

Models:
*Plastic to Metal ratio,
*How old the current models are,
*Anything new coming out soon,
*Large back catalogue of Classic/OOP models?
*Fun/easy to paint, many schemes available to choose from?
*How many models in an average army of 1,500-2,000 points,
*Costs in £/$ in collecting the average army, relatively cheap or expensive when compared to other armies,

Background:
*Small summary of the race's history,
*How do they get on with other races,

Play Style:
*General playing style,
*Themed army list types,
*Competitive list types,
*Current tournament standings,

Misc:
*How popular is the army,
*When was the book released,
*When is the next one due if known,
*Any race specific forums,

So if you'd like to help out with gather information about an Army or even multiple Armies, just send me an email at thewraithgate@gmail.com and I'll start consolidating everything into a nice document for each army so that we can help out the new players.

-CKR

No comments:

Post a Comment