About Me

Hey there, as you can see this is blog is all about gaming. And that's what I've been doing for pretty much all of my life. Currently I'm completely enveloped in Warhammer 40,000 and I'm breaking into the new Warhammer Fantasy system with the release of the new 8th edition.

Follow me as I build new armies, find newer and better ways to destroy my enemy, learn more about the rules, and just complain about the things that don't go my way :)
Click here for a Westgate Resorts Vacation

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Grey Knights: Preorder

The Grey Knights are finally out there for pre-order. That's right, that thing we've been waiting months to see has finally happens and it makes me very very happy! I've got to say I've been perusing around the GW site for a little while now and everything I am seeing just makes me giggle like a kid in the candy shop. Or a mermaid at a swim-meet. Or a...

Ok back on topic. It looks like most of what was rumored has made it to the pre-orders. I'm not seeing our space monkey friends the Jokaero on the web yet, and no sign of the Castellan Crowe model. Both of these were rumored as first wave releases and may be up later in the day if we're lucky.

GW also says that they'll be releasing these models for actual sale on April 2nd. Not to far away at all. So get your wallet out and get ready to spend some money.

Let's move on to some more goodies.



The Dread Knight! I'm going to be pre-ordering 2 of these bad boys. That thing just look fantastic. I was having my doubts with the blurry pictures but you know seeing it now I can't wait to build it, paint it, and play with the bad boy. I'm tired of my small shrimpy Eldar going up against my buddies Nids. I need something that's going to pound there face in with a hammer and I've got that now. My bank account is going to kill me!



While Lord Kaldor Draigo is going to be a beast on the tabletop I'm not quite sure about the model yet. I'm sure it'll look amazing in person but before 2 days ago I didn't realize they were going to release him and was going to use my old Hector Rex model in his place and I still might. I've not put it together yet and I think Mr. Rex would be a great stand in model for the Draigo model. Either way they'll most likely only be seeing games in larger battles.



The Power Armor Grey Knights look great. I am a little disappointed that they are only coming in boxes of 5 and that they're running $33 a pop but I've got to say they packed that box full of everything. It comes with;
  • 2 psycannons
  • 1 psilancer
  • 1 Incenerator
  • 1 hammer
  • 1 staff
  • 1 pair of falcions
  • 5 halberds
  • 5 swords
It also comes with 5 Telporter back packs. So this box is going to have everything you need and more. It also looks like you'll be able to use the close combat weapons with the Terminators if you so choose. I think I'm going to get 4 boxes to start with.



Ok last but not least we have the new Grey Night Terminators. These guys are looking pretty bad A! I believe the picture above is the Paladins with the books above there heads. Also this kit comes with parts to make an apothecary our friend there on the right. I'm very impressed with what GW was able to get into the kit.
  • 1 psycannon
  • 1 psilancer
  • 1 Incenerator
  • 1 hammer
  • 1 staff
  • 5 pair of falcions
  • 5 halberds
  • 5 swords
That should be enough to get you going. I'm going to be picking up 2 boxes to go with my old Metal ones. The designs all look similar enough that they should mesh quite well with each other so that's very exciting too. Unfortunately I'll be out of town when my gaming store gets their codex so I'm going to have to wait another 2 weeks before I can peak inside.

As I find more I'll post more. And be sure to come back as I take a million magnets and find the best ways to make these guys customizable!

1 comment:

  1. Erm... why can't I find the power armor knights for sale?? I WANT!

    ReplyDelete