About Me

Hey there, as you can see this is blog is all about gaming. And that's what I've been doing for pretty much all of my life. Currently I'm completely enveloped in Warhammer 40,000 and I'm breaking into the new Warhammer Fantasy system with the release of the new 8th edition.

Follow me as I build new armies, find newer and better ways to destroy my enemy, learn more about the rules, and just complain about the things that don't go my way :)
Click here for a Westgate Resorts Vacation

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Hero Quest



If you've never seen this game, it's ok... It game out in the late 80s and by the early 90s I had my first experience with it. Playing it with my cousin and having tons of fun. By the next Christmas I had it and had the chance to play it a little, but by then video games were becoming super popular and well... board games were out.



But since then it's been sitting on my shelf for many many long years, waiting to be used. So much to my surprise as I was pulling it off the shelf I saw the Games Workshop logo on the bottom of the box. Evidently they had done the plastics for the game, so now my first GW experience is much much older then I though it was.



But let me tell you, if you ever have the chance to play the game you should, it's a lot of fun, probably the first Board RPG... it's good for 2-5 players, 5 being the recommended lot having 1 DM and 4 people who then control the Wizard, Elf, Dwarf and Barbarian.

Check it out if you have the chance, you'll wonder why you missed it 2 decades ago :D

-CKR

1 comment:

  1. That was an amazing game! I have many fond memories of playing that game.

    http://wholerealmstavern.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete