About Me

Hey there, as you can see this is blog is all about gaming. And that's what I've been doing for pretty much all of my life. Currently I'm completely enveloped in Warhammer 40,000 and I'm breaking into the new Warhammer Fantasy system with the release of the new 8th edition.

Follow me as I build new armies, find newer and better ways to destroy my enemy, learn more about the rules, and just complain about the things that don't go my way :)
Click here for a Westgate Resorts Vacation

Friday, May 14, 2010

My First Grey Knight


The escalation league over at TGR had a troop painting contest. All about painting a normal guy in your army. I hadn't started painting my Knights yet as I've been busy building them so I figured I'd use this as a good oppurtunity to get a test model done and see what it takes to paint the grey knights.


I went ahead and tried out the free-hand painting on the shoulder pad, I think it came out pretty well, with a little practice it should be better. I also ended up using a Pigment brush for the script work, which makes it alot alot easier.


So the only think I'm not quite sure of on him is the basing, let me know what you guys think. That and I was thinking about doing the Nemisis blades in the same style as the Space Wolf Frost Blades to give them more of that energy feel.

-CKR

2 comments:

  1. Lookin' good. Do you mind if I ask what you mean by a "pigment brush?" Is that like a very fine tipped pen?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's exactly like that, you can find it here, http://www.sakuraofamerica.com/Pen-Brush but I would actually recommend getting the 005 pen, as it's thinner, they were just sold out when I went to my local store.

    ReplyDelete