About Me

Hey there, as you can see this is blog is all about gaming. And that's what I've been doing for pretty much all of my life. Currently I'm completely enveloped in Warhammer 40,000 and I'm breaking into the new Warhammer Fantasy system with the release of the new 8th edition.

Follow me as I build new armies, find newer and better ways to destroy my enemy, learn more about the rules, and just complain about the things that don't go my way :)
Click here for a Westgate Resorts Vacation

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Support your Stores

So earlier this week I made a post on a forum talking about going into a GW store. I was quite surprised when another frequenter of the forums said he wouldn't go into a GW store based on principle and then mentioned the number of other stores I could be going to.

I can see where he is coming from, but I don't think I could ever go to a store based sorely on principle. I have formed my own opinion of stores through the past few years based on Employees, Table Space, Events, Products, and more. But I've not banned any stores just because.

This is why I would like for everyone to support the stores they enjoy going to. I know that there are places where you can get things cheaper, I myself can get things much much cheaper, and often do. But that doesn't keep me from also buying from the stores I frequent.

I think lately the DFW area is starting to do a better job of supporting stores, and the stores are starting to help themselves also. In the past I've seen tournaments going for 25 bucks, seems a little steep to me, but if it's a 25 dollar purchase, both the store and player wins. The store gets there cut, and the player gets a product from the store he might have bought elsewhere for cheaper.

But that doesn't mean this is the only time you should buy from them. Remember that they're a business and it takes money to keep that store open and providing tables for you to play at. So try to buy from them when you can, and participate in there events. Otherwise we might see all these incredible new stores close later down the road.

-CKR

1 comment:

  1. I am very fortunate that my FLGS has some great employees who are very helpful and the owner is always willing to do what she can to help me get what I need as quick as possible.

    ReplyDelete