April 25th, 2010 Warhammer 40k Tournament
I am happy to announce that I will be hosting a tournament at The Gamer’s Realm on April 25th for Warhammer 40k. The tournament will follow rules as detailed below:
- 1,750 points
- Normal Force Organization
- Only current Codices are allowed
The tournament will be open to 12 players (going to 16 if there is enough interest and space). To participate, please make a purchase of at least $15 and sign up at The Gamer’s Realm before the tournament.
If all 12 slots are filled, please feel free to sign up as an alternate. You may make your purchase on the day of the tournament if a spot becomes available.
Sportsmanship: 5 points are available for Sportsmanship Scores and will be averaged throughout all 3 games:
- 2 points – Was your opponent reasonably knowledgeable of the basic rules?
- 2 points - Was your opponent courteous and civil?
- 1 point - Even if you got destroyed, did you enjoy the game?
Painting: A large part of the 40k hobby is painting your miniatures, and playing with or against a great looking army can add a great deal to the game. 10 points are available for Painting Scores:
- 2 points – Is your army completely WYSIWYG?
- 1 point – No bare metal or plastic
- 2 points – A minimum of 3 colors painted to table top quality. (No single brush strokes of colors.)
- 1 point – Detailing (eyes, guns, blood, etc.)
- 1 point – Flocked or finished bases (rocks, grass, paint, etc.)
- 1 point – “Cohesive” look or theme
- 1 point – “Above and Beyond”
Battle Points: 30 points are available for Battle Points. You will receive points for winning, drawing, losing, and for completing Secondary Objectives:
- 7 points – Completing the Primary Objective
- 5 points – Neither you or your opponent completing the Primary Objective
- 3 points – Your opponent completing the Primary Objective
- 3 points – Will be awarded based on Secondary Objectives for each mission
- 1 point – For receiving 5 Sportsmanship Points from each opponent
- 1 point – For receiving Best Painted Army
- 1 point – Completing all of the Primary Objectives
- 1 point – Completing all of the Secondary Objectives
- 1 point – Completing both Primary and Secondary Objectives in all battles
All awards will be based on points received throughout the tournament. Please note that each participant may win only one award. If a participant is eligible for multiple awards, he will be awarded the highest award, and the next eligible participant will receive the other award.
- Best Painted: Is eligible to armies receiving at least 8 points in the Painting Bracket and will be decided by the judges.
- Best General: Is awarded to the participant that receives the most points in the Battle Points bracket.
- Best Overall: Is awarded to the Participant with the most combined points throughout all of the brackets.
11:00 a.m. Turn in Army Lists and Prepare to have some fun.
11:15 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Battle 1
1:00 p.m. – 1:45 p.m. Lunch (Please leave armies out for painting judging)
1:45 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Battle 2
3:45 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. Battle 3
5:45 p.m. Awards
The Tournament will be bracket style, with random players starting the first battle. (Exceptions may be made if buddies are pitted against each other in the first round.)
If you have any questions about the tournament, playable armies, or rules, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.